Table Of Contents
With a hand held massager you have the advantage of directing the massager with its vibration or percussion (those gentle thumps) to the specific area you need for the amount of time you should.
The 2 major benefits of a hand held massagers:
- You can direct your hand held massager exactly where you need it, when you need it and for as long as you need it.
- Great for back, shoulders, quads, hamstrings, calves, and more.
In the world of massagers, hand held ones have a special place.
- They can be battery operated, use a direct plug in or both.
- They can come with a heat option.
- They are perfect for those hard to reach places.
- They can come with variable speeds – different areas need different pressures.
- They can come with different heads – again, different body areas need separate attention.
In general terms you will find two different types of hand held massagers:
- Percussion – as the name suggests it provides a gentle thumping, like the steady beat of a drum. This repetitive action gives a relaxing massage.
- Vibration – hand held vibration massagers give off a continuous vibration (think of translating “humming” into movement) as you slide the unit over your body area.
Different models of both types will have a varied amount of features, going from:
- the cord extensions, or battery powered durability
- the hand hold
- the number of speeds or speed graduation
- the add-on heads
- if it has a heat option
Finally they are extremely useful for stress and tiredness related aches and pains, especially in or around the neck and shoulders, the legs and feet, the back and the lower back. (Many people have found that they provide relief from sciatica related lower back pain).